Advocatus Diaboli

This blog is about things, issues, ideas, and concepts on subjects focusing on Canada, Canadian Issues and Affairs and those that affect Canada and Canadians from afar.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Heritage Park is about to embark on an expansion project

Ric McIver:

Heritage Park is about to embark on an expansion project that will cost an estimated $45,000,000. Since the park is a city entity, the citizen’s will back stop their loan, or provide the cash to the park en masse.

To that end, do you not think it is time that the appointments to these boards by city council are done in public so we can see who is spending the $45,000,000?

If not, can you explain to me why I should not be able to know why and who is being appointed to that board by the city? If I am not supposed to know, then why should they be using city taxpayer’s money for their expansion?

If the issue of their names being made public and their backgrounds, then I would like to know why I am allowed to know who you are, and know who your adversaries will be in the next civic election? The argument I get from some at city hall is that this would mean that those with the best qualifications might not put their names forward to be considered for these civic boards. By allowing me to know who you are before I vote for you, does that mean I do not get the best people to chose from for my next council member?

You spend my tax dollars, close to $2,000,000,000 of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home